Video Content Marketing: A Complete Guide for you (2022)
Video content marketing has been a popular form of marketing since the emergence of YouTube.
It’s a great way to reach customers and potential clients, as well as build brand awareness and drive traffic to your website. Video services like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Instagram have become important channels for marketers to use in their online marketing campaigns.
This guide will explore everything you need to know about video content marketing including types of video content you can leverage, how-to videos and animated explainers among others!
What is Video Content Marketing?
Video content marketing is the use of video to promote a product or service.
Video content marketing is a great way to reach your audience, help them understand the brand and build trust.
It’s a great way to connect with your audience, educate, inform and inspire them.
And you know what that, Video is the most democratic way to communicate with your customers and potential clients. Anyone with an internet connection can access a video, making it an accessible and cost-effective medium for marketing.
There are many benefits to using video content in your marketing campaigns:
1) Video content is engaging. It’s easy for viewers to stay focused on the videos and remain engaged throughout their entirety. This helps ensure that they retain information about what you’re saying or promoting, which can lead them to take action (e.g., buy a product or sign up for your mailing list).
2) Videos are shareable. Unlike other forms of content, videos are easily shared on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. This helps you reach a wider audience and cultivate word-of-mouth marketing, which can be even more powerful than advertising when it comes to driving sales or generating leads.
3) Video is portable. You can upload your videos to different platforms (like YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook), making them available to a wide range of potential customers/clients. This means that you don’t need any expensive equipment or additional resources to start using video content in your marketing campaigns.
Video can also be used for increasing sales and conversions by providing valuable information that your customers will appreciate.
The best content marketing videos engage viewers on an emotional level and connect with them in a way other forms of advertising can’t. This creates brand loyalty which leads to increased sales and conversions.
Video content marketing has been shown to be more effective than traditional advertising. In fact, studies have shown that watching a video on YouTube can increase your conversion rate by up to 64%.
Benefits of Video Marketing
- Increase in engagement. Video content is an effective way to engage with your audience, as it allows you to capture their attention by providing a visual element that can be shared across multiple channels.
This not only increases brand awareness but also increases the likelihood of them taking action on what they have seen and heard in their videos (e.g., purchasing products or services).
- Increase in conversion rates & customer loyalty through increased exposure: If a viewer watches one minute of your video, he will be more likely to watch another minute than if he had just read an article about the same topic at length on another site; therefore, if you want viewers who visit other websites specifically looking for information about your product/service then putting up videos which highlight various features and benefits should help increase this exposure level too!
- increase in brand awareness: As consumers become more aware of products or services that they may need, it is natural for them to look around and see what other brands are offering.
If your video content shows off all the benefits available with one specific product/service then its chances of being noticed by potential customers increase significantly; these potential customers can then choose whether or not they want to buy from you (which will ultimately depend on how well you market yourself).
- increase in brand loyalty: As you continue to create videos about specific topics, viewers will be more likely to associate that topic with your company. This association then creates a positive impression of your brand because it shows that you care enough about the needs and concerns of your customers.
In addition, if people see other brands creating similar content they may start thinking “why isn’t this brand doing something like that?”
- increase in brand authority: As consumers become more aware of products or services that they may need, it is natural for them to look around and see what other brands are offering.
If your video content shows off all the benefits available with one specific product/service then its chances of being noticed by potential customers increases significantly; these potential customers can then choose whether or not they want to buy from you (which will ultimately depend on how well you market yourself).
How to use Online video marketing in your marketing strategy?
Video marketing is a great way to engage your audience and build trust. It’s also an effective tool for turning leads into customers.
If you’re not sure how to start using video in your marketing strategy, this guide will help you get started with four steps:
- Plan out what kinds of videos you want to produce and when they’ll be released (e.g., weekly or monthly).
- Choose the right platform where most people are comfortable consuming content online (e.g., Facebook Live, YouTube).
- Create compelling content that speaks directly to the needs of potential customers (e.g., explain benefits/features of an upcoming product release).
- Measure the effectiveness of your video marketing strategy and make necessary changes to continue improving results.
Share your videos with anyone who might be interested in watching them. This could include current customers, potential clients, and industry experts who can help spread the word about your brand. If video isn’t a part of your marketing strategy yet, it’s time to change that!
Types of video content you can leverage
Video content marketing is a great way to engage your audience and build trust with them. You can use video in many different ways, including:
- Product review videos
- Interviews and testimonials
- Educational videos and tutorials (e.g., how-to guides)
- Live event coverage (e.g., conferences)
- How-to guides
- Animated Videos & Whiteboard Explainers
One of the best things about video content marketing is that it doesn’t have to break your budget. A simple, well-produced video can be done for as little as $100. The key is to keep it simple but still deliver a high-quality production.
Now as you have read above some of the common types of video content, So let’s dive deep into all of these tips:
Part 1# Storytelling
Storytelling is a powerful way to engage your audience and tell their story. It’s not just about telling them how great you are, but also about telling them how amazing your product or service is in order to make them want it.
For example, if you’re selling clothes online, you might want to share an article that talks about how awesome the company is because they have been around for years and have always delivered high-quality products at reasonable prices (this could be a blog post).
Or maybe you’d like customers who have bought from us before so they can give their own testimonials – this could be another blog post!
Part 2# Product Review Videos
Product review videos are a great way to show off your product. They’re not just another form of marketing—they can help you drive sales and increase customer satisfaction.
If you’ve been struggling with creating content for your business, it’s time to find a way that works for YOU! The first step is getting clear about what YOU want from this process:
- Do you want to create a sales video?
- Do you want to help people find and buy your product?
- Or do you just want some entertainment?
The answer to this question is important because it will help you decide which type of video content will work best for your business. For example, if you’re hoping to generate more sales then a product review might be a better option than an entertainment video.
Product reviews can be extremely effective when done right! If you know the basics of good product review writing, then creating one shouldn’t be too hard.
Part 3# Interviews & Testimonials
While you can hire a professional to conduct your interviews, it’s often more cost-effective and efficient to do them yourself. This way, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions that are relevant for your business and will also be able to find out about the needs and problems of the people who use your product or service.
- If someone has been using one of our products for years but still hasn’t seen results yet—what could we do better?
- What was their biggest challenge with our product?
You can also use interviews and testimonials to show off your customer’s satisfaction with your product.
Testimonials can range from short (such as on a landing page or within email marketing) to full-length videos.
Testimonials should be placed in an interesting, eye-catching location on your website so that people will want to see them.
When creating a testimonial video, consider the following: What message do you want to send? How do you want viewers to feel after watching the video? Who is your target audience for this content?
Part 4# Educational Videos & Tutorials
Educational videos are a great way to educate your audience. They’ll learn new things, build trust and build credibility in the minds of your viewers.
They’re also great for building up your brand’s reputation as an authority in whatever field you’re in, like technology or finance.
The following tips will help you create effective educational videos:
1. Choose a high-profile topic that’s relevant to your business.
2. Make sure the video content is well-researched and factually accurate.
3. Use entertaining and engaging visuals along with clear, concise language to keep viewers engaged throughout the entire video.
4. Use a variety of video formats, like interviews, demonstrations and case studies, to appeal to different types of viewers.
5. Share your educational videos across various platforms (including social media and website content) in order to reach a wider audience.
Part 5# Live Event Videos
Live event videos are a great way to engage with your audience and show them what you’re all about.
If you’re not sure how to make a live event video, here’s some advice:
- Plan ahead by scheduling an interview with someone who has something valuable or interesting to say about your business. You can also use this opportunity as an opportunity to ask questions of yourself!
- Make sure that everything is ready before starting the shoot — in other words, make sure there’s no equipment malfunctioning or people being late (or even late arriving).
This will prevent delays while shooting and editing which can be frustrating for everyone involved (especially if they’re trying hard not laugh out loud during the process).
Part 6# How-To Videos
How-to videos are a great way to educate your audience on new concepts, products or processes. They can also be used as a tutorial for how to use a product or service that you sell.
How-to videos can be created in many different ways:
- Showing the steps of a process (like how to cook an omelette)
- Demonstrating how something works (e.g., showing how someone uses their phone while they’re driving)
- Explaining how something works (e.g., explaining what happens when someone uses their phone while they’re driving)
- Whatever the format, make sure that your how-to videos are entertaining and informative. They should also answer any questions your audience might have.
Part 7# Animated Videos & Whiteboard Explainers
Animated videos and whiteboard explainers are a great way to explain a complex idea. Animated videos can be used to tell stories, while whiteboard explainers can be used to show how something works in plain English.
For example: if you’re selling an app that helps people create their own YouTube channels, then you could create an animated video showing how it works by having each step of creating a channel explained through animation (like someone drawing out each step on the screen).
Or if your business sells software for small businesses, then maybe instead of creating one single-channel video like before (which would take too much time), instead let’s use this opportunity as an opportunity for us both learn about each other’s businesses!
Frequently asked questions
1. Instagram Reels vs. TikTok: Which is the best short-form video platform?
Instagram Reels and TikTok are two of the most popular short-form video platforms out there. They’re both great for creating engaging videos that will get people talking, but they have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Instagram Reels are better at storytelling because you can combine different shots together to make a narrative (like a movie), which gives your videos an immersive feeling. This makes Instagram reels ideal for telling stories with a visual component, like explaining how your product works or highlighting customer testimonials.
TikTok is better suited for creating quick gag clips or short videos with a more tonal focus. It’s great for creating humour or getting people to laugh, but it can’t do as good of a job at storytelling as Instagram Reels can.
2. Why is video content important?
Video content is one of the most powerful tools you have when marketing your business online. Videos are persuasive because they allow you to communicate your message in an entertaining and easy-to-watch format.
Plus, since so many people now watch videos on their phones and other devices, having quality video content that showcases your products and services is essential if you want to reach more people.
3. What is the best video content marketing platform?
There are many different video content marketing platforms out there, and it can be hard to decide which one is best for your business. Some of the more popular platforms include Hootsuite, LinkedIn’s Video Marketing Channel, and Facebook’s Live Video.
Each platform has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, Hootsuite offers a wide range of tools that make it easy to create custom videos, share them with your followers on social media, track their performance analytics, and even measure ROI.
LinkedIn also makes it possible to embed videos from other sites within your profile or blog posts so that viewers can easily find related information. Facebook live allows you to engage directly with customers in real-time by answering questions or providing demonstrations.
Ultimately, the best way to determine which video content marketing platform is right for you is to try out several before making a decision. Then use those results as a guide when creating new videos or optimizing existing ones!
4. Are there any drawbacks to using a video content marketing platform?
There are many benefits to using a video content marketing platform, but there are also some potential drawbacks.
One of the main concerns is that these platforms can be overwhelming for those who are new to this type of marketing. Additionally, if your videos aren’t well-produced or engaging, it could be difficult for consumers to find and watch them.
Another potential issue is SEO. While video content can be rich in information and helpful for attracting website visitors, it may not perform as well in search engine rankings when compared to text-based copy.
Finally, make sure you have enough resources available to keep up with the ongoing demands of production and advertising on your video content platform. Otherwise, you could end up spending more time managing your account than creating quality content!
Video content marketing is a powerful tool for brands to build their online presence. It helps you to build trust, improve engagement and drive sales. Video content marketing is one of the best ways to build your brand image as it helps you increase awareness and make more people aware of what you do or offer.
This article discussed some of the best ways how video content can be used by businesses in order to attract new customers, retain existing ones as well as generate leads for lead generation purposes.
By the way, do you have any tips about video content marketing to share? So let us know in the comments down below!